Thursday, December 27, 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Water, Water everywhere

Day 1: Swimming with the Fish

Activity 1: Surfs Up!
My favourite activity to do in Summer is going to Lake Brunner walk for a swim.

Its my favourite activity is because its hot and it cools me off.





My sister, brother and I at Lake Brunner walk. 

Activity 2: The Great Cycle Taupȯ Challenge
My three support crew member for the cycle challenge
  1. I choose my mum because she's fit and she always supports me.
  2. I choose my dad because he always helps me when i'm having trouble 
  3. I choose my friend Jess because she is great at biking.
Activity 3 Something Smells Fishy...

Fish fact #1: The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian lungfish. FALSE

Fish fact #2 Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids. TRUE

Fish fact #3 Starfish are a type of fish. FALSE

Fish fact #4 Fish communicate with each other by making low- pitched sounds (moans,hisses,etc) TRUE

Fish Fact #5 Fish usually swim together in groups called ' classes ' . FALSE

4 comments:

  1. Hi Johanna Lake Brunner is really fun to go swimming in. it is funny that your fun thing to do in the summer was involving swimming like my one. come and have a look at my blog. I like that you put a photo of Lake Brunner as well. thanks for putting me as the person that you would take on the trip. Keep up the great work.
    From Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you like bike riding so I choose you.
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Johanna,

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

    I absolutely love the photo you have added to your blog post! Everyone in the picture looks like they're really enjoying their time in the lake, it's great to see! I've never been to Lake Brunner before but the next time I visit the South Island, I will definitely put Lake Brunner on my to-visit list. The background of the picture looks like a scene from a movie, it must be a really nice place to relax. Are there any fish in Lake Brunner to swim with?

    You have picked a fantastic team to be your support crew, I think the Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge would go really well for you! It's so nice having a mum who is fit and supportive, isn't it? My mum enjoys hiking and yoga so she is quite fit for her age and I really like that about her because she gets to spend time playing sports with me too. It's so great to hear that you have such lovely and caring people around you. Maybe you and Jess could go biking during these summer holidays for fun!

    You've done a superb job on identifying whether or not those facts are correct, well done Johanna! Some of those facts are pretty interesting and hard to believe, aren't they? It's so weird that sharks have eyelids. Speaking of eyelids, I've got another fact for you that's true: Did you know that camels have three eyelids? THREE! I think that's insanely crazy!

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Johanna,
    Once again, I am very proud that you are keeping up with the Summer Learning Journey. I am very surprised that a 65 year old lungfish isn't the oldest, because usually animals don't live as long as humans. My family of 5 (including me) would all want to come on the Taupo race, but we can only choose 3, so I would just sneak 2 more in. Do you like biking?

    Happy blogging
    hpsgargeej.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.