Saturday, January 6, 2018

week 3 day 4

Activity 1
Out of the gate and off for a walk went Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy, sneakily he went off to a garden and knocked over all the plants and the people that were there said “hairy Maclary shoo”.  Hairy Maclary out again sneakily got into a mailman’s car and got dropped off all the way to a school and the children went after Hairy Maclary.  The mailman didn’t know that Hairy Maclary was in the mail car.  Hairy Maclary jumped at the back of another car and had a ride and went off to a farm and the dogs that were there wanted to play. Hairy Maclary was spotted by one of the farmers and Hairy Maclary’s owner was there and pick him up and put him in her car and got home.  Hairy Maclary went off to see his dog friends and he found a bone and Hairy Maclary’s dog friends went after him when he was trying to escape from them and each place he would go one of them would get stuck.  Then finally all his dog friends weren’t behind, the last one was Schnitzel von Krumm with a very low tum. Schnitzel von Krumm couldn’t go over a wall but Hairy Maclary could. Straight back home to bed.
By Johanna Groot

Activity 2
I would like to go to Italy because I have never been there, because it is the shape of the Letter J like my name, there is a movie call Madagascar 3 and they went to Italy which the circus was there.
Image result for italyImage result for italy
Image result for italyImage result for italyImage result for italyImage result for italy

5 comments:

  1. Hello again Johanna,

    You've done it again! Well done!

    Activity One: Hairy McClary.
    I really love your story, it sounds as though Hairy McClary went on quite the adventure with his car hopping. It sounds as though you know what a dog loves, and what a dog likes to do— here you've taken Hairy McClary on a huge adventure with the use of cars as transport, it also shows the reader that Hairy McClary is a very friendly dog. I like how he gets to play with other dog friends, including the infamous Schnitzel Von Crum, and that he gets a bone. My dog loves bones! Do you have a dog?

    Activity Two: The Big 'OE'.
    Congratulations for finishing this activity! I really enjoy your pictures; in fact they're making me really hungry. Pizza Marinara is my favourite food of all time! Anyway, talking about something other than my hunger, I'm impressed by your reasons as to why you would want to spend your "O.E" over in Italy; especially the reason for Italy being shaped as the letter "J". I remember in school my teacher told us that it was famously shaped as a boot.
    I've been to Venice before, which is the photo in the bottom left hand corner; those are the famous canals and they surround and intertwine through the entire city.
    Have you been to anywhere else outside of New Zealand?

    Keep up the great work Johanna,

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jordan
      I have three dogs. One is called Possum and another one is called Kate which jumps up on you and the other one is Kelly. Kate and Kelly are farm dogs. Kelly and Kate are both black and white, Kelly is a boarder collie and Kate she is a heading dog. Possum is a jack russell/chihuahua and possum is ginger colour.
      I've been to China and I've been to England last year to visit my second cousins in England. :) My mum and dad have been to europe.
      Thanks for commenting.
      Johanna

      Delete
    2. Kia Ora Johanna,

      Your dogs sound awesome! I respect farm dogs because they work so hard. I grew up on a farm and used to help in the shearing sheds. I remember watching the dogs bound over the sheep to heard them; they really are so smart.
      Possum sounds tiny, are they fluffy like a chihuahua?
      Wow, aren't you lucky! I would love to go to China one day.

      You're really good at responding to comments; did you know that you could leave a thoughtful comment on another student's blog post? And that if you do, you earn yourself 2 extra bonus points for every thoughtful comment you make?
      You could even try going to a different cluster in New Zealand to really spread your wings!

      Keep up the great work :)

      Jordan

      Delete
  2. Hi Johanna

    I am so proud of you!! Look how much you have improved you posts from when you first began.
    I just loved reading the story about Hairy Maclary. You really will give Lynley Dodd a run for her money. I bet she would love to read this adventure that he goes on. Well done.

    Your big OE post if fantastic. Not only have you added lots of really cool photos of Italy but I love the reasons that you talk about wanting to visit there. It really does look like a J. And what better reason to want to go somewhere than because it is like your name.

    I see that Jordan has been to Venice, she is lucky isn't she! I haven't been there but I too would really like to visit there one day. I will put it on my bucket list.

    Well done Johanna, I am smiling from ear to ear :) :) :) :)

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allie
      Thanks for commenting. I enjoy your comments.
      Johanna

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.