Sunday, December 29, 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 day 5

Day 5: Against the Odds

Activity 1: National Treasure
The three important things to me:

  1. My Family is important to me because they will support me and look after me also they will help me if I'm stuck in in something
  2. My Friends are important to me because without friends you will be lonely and won't have anyone to play with.
  3. Swimming is important to me because it is fun and I learn a lot from it also swimming is good for rescuing people that's why I think it is important to me.
Activity 2: Swimming to safety

Image result for Yusra Mardini
Yusra Mardini
Once there was a girl called Yusra Mardini she loved to swim  she was born in Damascus, Syria, a country long gripped by war. When her home was destroyed by a bomb she knew she had to leave her country, so she and her family had got away on a boat filled with too many refugees. When the motor broke down, Yusra and her sisters became heroes, swimming and pulling the boat to safety. In Germany, Yusra found glory as one of the first refugee teams ever complete in the Olympics.
Activity 3: Own Choice

Image result for sachin tendulkar
Sachin Tendulkar
His name is Sachin Tendulkar. He is a famous retired cricket player for India. He was a very good cricket player and adults and children all wanted to be like him. He was also the captain of the Indian national team. He is the highest run scorer of all time in International cricket. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Johanna

    Great work with these three activities. I really love your three things that are important to you. It is wonderful that at your age that you recognise how important your family is. They are the ones who will love and support you for your whole life, so they are the most important people.
    Great that you also like to swim, this is something that is an awesome skill to have. And you just never know when you might be needed to help someone who is in trouble. Just like Yusra!

    Sachin Tendulkar was an amazing cricketer and sportsperson when he was playing. I know that his nickname used to be 'the little general' because he was such a great captain leading his team. India is still the number one test cricket team in the world.
    They are just about to come to New Zealand to play the black caps!

    Well done Johanna, I hope that you are having a great holiday and enjoying whatever it is that you are doing.

    Keep up the great work

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allie
    Thanks for the comment. Ive been waiting for comments a long time. Because evever one is on holiday. But thats ok.
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Johanna

    Yip we are all back on board this week, so you can expect some more soon!

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.