Thursday, December 26, 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 4

Day 4: Individual Pursuits

Activity 1: Making a Racket

Image result for Photos of Serena Williams
.Serena Williams
Serena Williams

  1. Serena Williams was born on September 26th 1981 in Saginaw,michigan U.S.
  2. In 1995, Serena Williams became a professional Tennis player.
  3. Serena Williams won a gold medal at the 2000 Olympic games with her sister Venus. Serena would win her 1st grand slam at the U.S. open in 1999.
I would want to know what Serena's Favorite part about tennis is


Venus Williams

  1. Born on 17th June, 1980
  2. At the age of ten she was so good at tennis that when she served a ball to the other player the ball went 100 miles per hour
  3. Image result for Photos of Venus Williams
    Venus Williams
  4. She won wimbledon in: 2000, 2001, 2005, 2007 & 2008
I would want to know why Venus started Tennis








Activity 2: What's in a Name?

I would change my name to Scarlett because It sounds like a lovely name.

Activity 3: Worth her Weight in gold

2 comments:


  1. Kia ora Johanna,

    It’s Leisha here from the Summer Learning Journey. I hope you are having a wonderful summer holiday so far. What fun things have you been up to during your break?

    Firstly, well done on completing lots of the SLJ activities. It’s great to see you have been busy keeping up with the daily activities. Secondly, ka pai on finding three facts you learned about both Serena and Venus. You have also chosen two great things you would like to find out about them both. They are both amazing tennis players and as well known across the world. Did you know who they were before starting this activity? Is tennis a sport that you like to play or watch? I enjoy playing tennis, although I don’t think I am not very good at it. We played table tennis at home this christmas. It was awesome!

    Well done for completing activities 2 and 3 too. I love the name Scarlett, but I also think Johanna is just a good :). I love all the pictures you have used on your travel poster. It is very colourful and eye-catching. Don’t forget for any future posts to attribute any images you use, simply by adding a website link on your post to show us where you borrowed the images from.

    Keep up the amazing work Johanna. I am looking forward to reading through all the other posts you have done and to see what you post next.

    Leisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allie
    Nothing really. But when I went on holiday I had some fun when I went on holiday when I went go carting and I went to the luge in queenstown I went really slow.
    No I didint know who they were befor playing tennis. No tennies is'int my kinder thing. hope you won(;
    I would keep my name Johanna cause I'm used to it.
    I did try make the pictues so the when you press it, It shows were I got it but it didint.
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.