Saturday, January 12, 2019

Day 5 Here to Stay

Activity 1: Persistent Pollution 
Three new I learnt:

  1. Some pollution can be from volcanic eruptions or fires and allergens. 
  2. Greenhouse gas such as carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide, methane and fluorinated oxide trap heat from the sun in the earth's atmosphere. This make high temperature for the earth.
  3. Warmer weather leads to more pollen, and then more pollen production. 
Activity 2: Changing Climates
Things I do on a rainy day
  1. Run around and made my parents mad.
  2. We play board games, cluedo, rummikub, yahtzee and cards
  3. Go on my chromebook
  4. Watch TV like spongebob square pants 
  5. Read books
  6. Sleep on my bed
Activity 3: Let it Rain
I opened the door and... I see trees with no leaves and the plants around me were all brownish and the ground wasn't like grass anymore.
I went out to the lake and went to see some fish and they were all dead.  That was terrible. I felt sad and annoyed by the acid rain.  My family were shocked. It smelled disgusting. 
When I went on my walk I find that all my familiar parts are gone. And now all my good views are not good anymore.  
I fell terrible all that fish are all dead and some of my favorite things are ruined. I hope this doesn't happen again. THE END

3 comments:

  1. Hello Johana,
    I am Vitaraag. When it is rainy I also go on my Chromebook. What do you think we can do to help stop air pollution? Maybe next time you can give us new information about how to stop air pollution.

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Johanna,

    I can tell that you have paid close attention to the video about air pollution. You're absolutely correct, some of the air pollution is out of our control. For example, we can't always prevent wildfires from happening and we definitely can't control farm animals giving off gasses after they eat or volcanoes from erupting either (yet)! All we can do is limit the amount of activities we do that cause more air pollution. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, Johanna!

    Haha, I like that you have admitted that you make your parents mad when you run around! Oh, I love playing board games as well! Thank you for listing the board games that you and your family play, you've given me some good ideas! What's your favourite game from that list? I remember I used to always rush home from school and watch SpongeBob SquarePants, it was one of my favourite cartoons! Who's your favourite character? Mine would have to be Patrick Star because he's always so supportive of his best friend, SpongeBob!

    You've included many details to your story which makes it sound quite real, awesome work! I really enjoyed reading your story about the events that happened after the acid rain had stopped. It's horrible to hear that the acid rain has created such a big mess in your town but thankfully it didn't happen in real life. That's the beauty and adventure of creative writing, isn't it? You can take yourself and the people around you to the places and events that your imagination takes you to!

    Keep up the wonderful work,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh Jo, so that’s why you run around the house......

    Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.