Sunday, January 6, 2019

Day 4: Like a Scene Out of a Movie

Activity 1: The Southern Lights

Lighting up the lights
In the night sky
Guide the place
High in the sky
The sky is bright
Sky gone dark

Activity 2: The seven sisters

Mitai and his brothers went hunting then they found 7 beautiful women, then they fall in love except Mitai.  Then the men take them to their houses as wives and then women didn't let them eat.  Mitai  was getting interested  in the women as they never left their houses. Then one of the Mitai turned into a kereru and followed some fantails and the fantails turned into the women.  Then that man heard what the girls were saying about the men starving to death. Then he went back and told the men that they were going to make them starve to death. Then they made this magic net and then they scooped the fantails which were the women and then the women kept begging to get out to their husbands.  Then they brought them to the god of the stars.

Activity 3: Crazy, cool clouds



I choose picture 2. I see in this cloud is a tornado.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Johanna,
    I am Vitaraag. I think the cloud is a UFO. I really loved reading your summary. Maybe next time you can add more information about your cloud. Keep up the good work.

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johanna,
    Activity 1, I like this post because you did stick to the criteria
    by writing your poem with the word LIGHTS. Maybe next time put a picture.
    Activity 2, You also stuck the the criteria here as well because you did write 8 sentences. you have done this task very well.
    Activity 3, I did that picture as well but I thought it was a UFO but I can see a tornado it it. I love looking up to the sky and watch the clouds move and say what I can see in them but I can hurt my eyes sometime because the clouds don't always cover the sun so it shines in my eyes. Maybe next time you could write a bit more.
    Keep up the great work
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Johanna,

    That is a beautifully written acrostic poem, I really enjoyed reading it! Every sentence from your poem describes and relates so well to the scene, you have really taken the time to think this through, brilliant work Johanna. My favourite line would have to be, "guide the place", what about yours? Have you ever been to another country to see Northern Lights or even Southern Lights before? I've never seen it myself but my brother has and he said it was one of the most amazing things he's ever seen in his life!

    You have paid really good attention to all the little details included in the story, I'm very impressed! Thank you for sharing and retelling the story to me, Johanna, I enjoyed every part of it! Overall, did you enjoy this story? It's very creative isn't it? The most interesting part of the story to me was when Mitai's brothers began to lose their looks, something that was so important to them, just because they got distracted by the looks of someone else. It really teaches you a lesson about appreciating what you already have, don't you think? Who's your favourite character and what was the best part of the story for you?

    That's a very clever way to look at the cloud, I can't believe that I never saw it the way that you have! I was picturing the cloud as more of a spinning top toy. I'm not sure if they still make those things now but I used to have a few and my brother and I would challenge each other to see who's spinning top could stay spinning the longest. Have you played with a spinning top before? Also, you have done a great job with this activity but could you please tell me more about what you see or think is going on in that picture? I've love to hear more detail from you! :)

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.