Saturday, December 29, 2018

Day 3 First you 'sea' 'Me, Now You Don't...

Activity 1: Night Owls 

Are you a night owl or a early riser?

My sister and brother are night owls because they are all ways talking to each other at night.

My sister is also a early riser in the morning.

My dad is a early riser because he has work to do on the farm he wakes up about 4.30 am in the morning.

My mum is a night owl because shes up until 11pm.

I'm a night owl because ive been reading books for the summer reading challenge.


Activity 2: A Local Delicacy

My favorite food of all is my mum's chocolate brownies.
The ingredients are:
Butter, Cocoa powder, eggs, caster sugar, vanilla essence and self-raising flour.


Activity 3: The midnight Zone
500kg / 25kgs = 20 adults
500kg / 15kgs = 33.33 but you can't have .33 of a child
Change to 495kg / 25kg = 19.8, can't have .8 of adult,  so will take away .8
25kgs x 19adults = 475 + 15kgs = 490
25kgs x 18adults = 450kgs
495-450 = 45, 45 / 15 = 3 children
18 adults x 25kgs each = 450, + 3 children x 15kgs = 495kgs
18 adults and 3 children.
I had to have help from mum and a calculator as I found this hard.


1 comment:

  1. Greetings Johanna,

    It's great to hear that your sister and your dad are early risers, it must be nice to wake up early and have a lot more time to complete the things you need to do for the day. Wow, your dad wakes up at 4:30 am?! I don't think I would have any energy at all during that time of the morning. I'm not quite sure what I am... I don't enjoy waking up early but I don't particularly like staying up too late either; I like my sleep! What time do you usually go to sleep and what time do you like to wake up? That's awesome that you've been reading over these holidays, but remember to give your eyes a rest if they get tired. Keep it up! :)

    Mmm, that souns yum! I think mum would be very happy to know that her brownies are your favourite food of all time. I love brownies too, they're so delicious. If I'm near a fridge or freezer, I like to have my brownies with ice cream or whipped cream! Do you like to add anything to your brownies? How often does mum make these brownies? I would love to try out her recipe!

    It's great that you have asked mum for help on this activity, it sure is quite a tricky maths problem. That's a very clever way to solve the problem, well done Johanna! Looks like we're going to need to find 18 strong adults and 3 strong children to help move this colossal squid to its new room at Te Papa. Have you been to Wellington to visit the Te Papa museum before? I went there a few years ago and I was lucky to see the preserved colossal squid in real life. It was an extraordinary experience and I learnt so much about it from that one trip to the museum!

    Keep up the hard work,
    Evelyn :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.