Sunday, December 31, 2017

week 2 day 5

Activity 1
For my VE party I would have a disco and invite my friends. I would have burgers, popcorn, chips, biscuits, apple crumble with cream, cut up apples, grapes, double ice cream, and pepperoni pizza.

Activity 2
The old clothing is different compared to now.
Image result for children 2017Image result for everyday women clothing 2017
Differences are: They are much brighter today, girls chose wear trousers.
I like the clothes of now better than then old ones.
I don’t know what they will be wearing in 65 years.




Bonus ActivityImage result for chocolate self saucing pudding
My mum’s chocolate self-saucing pudding
2tbsp butter melted, ¾ cup of sugar, ½ tsp vanilla, 1tbsp cocoa, 1 ½ cups of boiling water, 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp baking powder, pinch salt,  ½ cup milk, 2tbsp cocoa and ½ cup brown sugar.

In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, cocoa, salt and sugar.  Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla.  Mix cocoa and brown sugar and sprinkle on pudding.  Centrally pour over boiling water and cook in microwave for 6-7 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Johanna

    Your VE party sounds like it would be lots of fun. I really like going to disco where the music is really good that you can sing and dance to it.
    Would you have disco lights at your party?
    All of the food you would have sounds really good too.

    I like what the kids are wearing in the olden days but not what the ladies are wearing. It looks really hot and fitted which I don't think would be very comfortable.
    Today's fashion is much more colourful that's for sure.
    Whats your favourite thing to wear now? If you were going out somewhere special, what would you wear?
    In the future I think the fashion will be very interesting. Maybe it will be all jumpsuits and a shiny silver colour!!

    Your Mum's chocolate self saucing pudding looks yummy! It is a really easy recipe too.
    I think that I will have to copy it and make it at my house. I think that everyone here will love it. Especially if I serve it with ice-cream.
    Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Well done. I like that you have added images with your post.

    Well done

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johanna!

    My name is Ellee and I am working alongside Allie and Emiely commenting on blogs for the Summer Learning Journey!

    I love the disco idea for your VE party. I really liked going to the school disco when I was younger, they were so much fun! Do you have a disco at your school?
    The food sounds delicious as well, I think you house must be the place to be when its party time!

    You did a great job of finding some differences between the clothes we wear now and the clothes of the 1940's. I prefer the clothes we wear now too, I am much too attached to my track pants to trade them in for skirts and dress.
    the other day someone told me they thought that the fashion of the future might be outfits made from glow-in-the-dark slime! What do you think about that?

    Mmmmm self-saucing pudding is my friends favourite pudding to make. I really like it because I enjoy hot desserts. Maybe I will have to bring you recipe home too and my friend and Allie can have a bake-off! Who can make the best replica of Johanna's mum's self-saucing pudding!haha - It's a shame we are up in Auckland, I guess we will never know :)

    Thanks for sharing your ideas on your blog Johanna, this was a lot of fun to read through - keep up the awesome work!

    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.