Monday, December 25, 2017

week 2 day 1


Activity 1
  Notre-Dame de Paris                                                                                       

This cathedral is in Paris, France. It was built in 1345. It took 182 years to be built.

        
Activity 2
I think its bad.
I am a girl and if I was not allowed to vote I would be angry. Because it is not fair. And I do not get to choose the person I want.
Bonus Activity
I like the poem. I feel sad because they died. The link to Flanders Fields  https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/47380/in-flanders-fields

3 comments:

  1. Hi Johanna

    I love that you have chosen the Notre-Dame in Paris. I just love this cathedral. I think it is beautiful. I would really like to visit there.
    Would you like to go to Paris?
    Its amazing that is took 182 years to build. There would have been so many people that worked on building it. Great Choice!
    I agree with you. Everyone should be able to vote and say what they think. It is important that we all get to do that. We are lucky in New Zealand that we can. It won't be long and you will be 18 and able to vote!!
    The poem about Flanders Field is a very sad poem. This is why it is important to celebrate Anzac day to say thank you to the soldiers that went to war so that we could have a better life.
    Have you been to dawn parade on Anzac Day? I go each year and I really enjoy seeing more and more young people there each year.
    Its great!

    Again you have done a great job Johanna. I enjoy reading your posts.
    Hope you are having a good holiday. Keep up the good work.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allie
    Yes I would like to go to Paris because my mum went there.
    No I have not been to a dawn parade because my mum and dad milk the cows and we don't have time. I did go to the 100th anniversary in Kumara that was in the morning. I liked seeing the old soldiers and I saw some of my friends from school there, they were marching to the kumara hall.
    Johanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Johanna, I agree with you girls should be allowed to vote. It is good that the changed the law. If you want to see what I did you can go on my blog:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.