Saturday, December 23, 2017

week 1 Day 5

Activity 1 Translating Phrases

Nau mai ki Aotearoa - welcome to new zealand
Johanna is my name - Ko Johanna toku ingoa
What is your name?- He aha to ingoa?
He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro - I like to play rugby
Where do you come from?- No hea koe?

Activity 2 The Treaty of Waitangi

  1. Hāngi and concert
  2. Waitangi Treaty grounds
  3. Waitangi Mountain Bike Park
The one I want to do the most is Hāngi and Concert because there is a concert that I would love to watch.

Bonus Activity #EarnTheFern

  1. Did it hurt?
  2. How many games were there?
  3. What colour were your boxing gloves?
  4. Who were you versing?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Johanna,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you over summer as part of the Summer Learning Journey program. It's great to see that you've been doing so well with these activities! Well done.

    You've done a great job of translating those sentences. Do you think that every New Zealander should know at least a little bit of Maori? I think that it's important because it's native only to Aotearoa and it's an important part of our history.
    Waitangi is also an important part of Aotearoa's history and the ideas that you have come up with sound like they would be very interesting! I have been to Waitangi a few times and it's always great to look around the Treaty grounds and enjoy the scenery.

    Those are good questions for the bonus activity! Asking what colour his boxing gloves were is a unique question! I would like to know how many hours of training he had to do each day. He must have spent a long time training!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruby,
    Yes a little bit of maori.
    Johanna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Johanna,

      I agree! All French people know the French language so I think it's only right that the people of Aotearoa know its language too!

      Cheers,
      Ruby.

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.