Thursday, May 7, 2020

Home Learning

Home Learning
24.3.20
Today Mum, Dad, Lotte, Rhys, Possum the dog and I went to the bach. Our bach will be finished soon. We already have some handmade bunk beds and a pool table in the other half of the bach. Today we moved in a big cabinet into the second part of the bach that we're working on. There were two separate parts. Mum and Dad had to move the cabinet because it’s really heavy. After moving it in place Lotte, Rhys and I started playing with it like going inside it and doing a magic trick. While doing this Dad called me to help him on making some stairs for where the doors are. After making the first one we were thinking of staining them so we did. After staining the one that I made with Dad I went and stained a little under one of the sliding doors with Mum. After that I helped Rhys stain some of the stairs that he made with dad. Then I stained another stair. 
After staining some stairs I went inside and did a puzzle with Mum and Lotte. Lotte then stopped helping with the puzzle. Mum and I got a lot of things done on the puzzle. After a long time we then left the bach and headed home. 

25.3.20
Today Rhys and I did some baking. We baked muffins. Mum helped a bit. This was the first time I have made baking without mum. After making the muffins we put them in the oven. After cooking we had to wait two or three minutes to eat them. They tasted really good.They keeped falling apart a bit though. The muffins were meant to be apple muffins but we didn't have enough apples so we had to do pears.

26.3.20
Today Rhys did a lego competition. He first made a rollercoaster, then a spaceship and tomorrow he will build a house. 
For lunch mum made us some sconces. 
Before dinner mum gave us a colouring competition. It took me awael to eat my dinner because I was clouring at the same time.
In the afternoon we watched a movie called How To Train Your Dragon 2. It was an awesome movie but a bit sad. I would like to see How To Train Your Dragon 3 because it sounds like a cool movie. 

27.3.20
Today we watched How To Train A Dragon 2 again. Near the end of the movie Mum said to go on a walk so we did. 
We walked from our driveway to Hayleys driveway. On the way down my driveway I said to Mum to run down so we did. I was nearly there but then I had to slow down because I had a bad stitch. Then Mum got a head of me but then I only just bet her in the end.
When I got inside Lotte and Rhys were watching How To Train A Dragon 3! I told them to rewind it to the start so they did. It was a really cool movie. It was sad at some points too. 

28.3.20
Today Mum, Rhys and I stacked wood in the wood shed. It was really hard and difficult to do. Lotte didn't help at all but dad came down to check on us.



30.3.20
Today we went to town. We came to town to go to the runoff but first we went to farmlands to get Rhys some gumboots and me some overalls. Before going to farmlands Mum had to ring them because we can’t go into farmlands. The people that worked at farmlands had to drop off the stuff we ordered in front of farmlands with a number that says 3. After picking up the stuff at farmlands we then went to the runoff and drenched the calfs. 

20.4.20
Today I had to go to the runoff with Dad in Kaiata. When we got there some had got out, but we fixed it. We had to spread out hayballs in the paddock that the cows were meant to be in. We then opened up one of the fences that the cows broke through.

5.5.20
Today Rhys and I made Chocolate Brownies Mum had to help a bit thought. When we finished we got to put icing sugar on. They tasted really nice.
Today we also went on the farm with Dad to weigh crops. It was fun and interesting. We had to throw a hoop and then find where it went. Once we found it. Dad would pull out all the green bold turnips that were in the hoop and put them in a bag. 

6.5.20

Today after the afternoon hangout with Mr Fogarty, Hayley and I got some face time on the computer. Mum and Andrea said that Hayley and I can both make cupcakes. It was annoying that we had to keep moving the computer so that Hayley could see me. Lotte keeped getting in the way while I was trying to talk to Hayley. It was also annoying when Hayley kept glitching out. I had to use Mum's computer. When Hayley and I put our cupcakes in the oven. We just sat down and talked to each other until the cupcakes were ready. We then made icing. Hayley made green icing and I made pink icing. I wanted purple icing but there was no blue. Red and blue make purple. When I put red in it, it made pink. Hayley just used a knife to put the icing on. I used a piping bag. After putting on icing I then put on some white pink and yellow sprinkles and stuff like that on the cupcakes. After that we then got photos.

2 comments:

  1. Johanna you have been very busy baking, the cupcakes sound very yummy. I am sure you will bring me s sample when we eventually get back to school. Very well done,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr Fogarty
    Thanks for the comment everything will soon come to a end.
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.