Friday, December 21, 2018

Day 4 More than Meets the Eye

Activity 1: Scaling New Heights

5 questions that I would like to ask Sir Edmund Hillary about his life.

  1.  How many days did it take to get up Mt Everest?
  2. What did you do up Mt Everest?
  3. What was your job?
  4. Are you married?
  5. how many mountains did you climb? 
Activity 2: Pancakes and Maple Syrup?

My favorite food is Macaroni Cheese.
Here is my recipe. It comes from Simon Holst book - Easy on the pocket to prepare inexpensive family meals.

400-500g Macaroni pasta
3 Tbsp of Butter
3 Tbsp of Flour
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 tsp of salt
2 Cups of milk
2 Cups of grated cheese

Optional Topping
1/2 cup breadcrumbs with 2 Tbsp melted butter

Put the pasta on to cook in plenty of boiling water.  While pasta cooks, melt the butter in a medium-size pot.  Stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid it browning and forming any lumps.  Add the nutmeg and salt, then begin adding the milk half a coup at a time.  Stir briskly to break up any lumps and allow the sauce to thicken and boil between each addition.  When all the milk has been added and the sauce has returned to the boil, remove it from the heat.  Add the grated cheese, stirring until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.  Drain the cooked pasta and stir in the sauce.  Serve as is or transfer to an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the top with the crumb mixture.  Place under a preheated grill until golden brown.  Serve and enjoy!

Activity 3: Salt and Pepper
My hotel is made of brick and glass.  The glass are the windows.
I would build my hotel at Moana at Lake Brunner. The room I would be in would have a bedroom a kitchen a dinning room and a balcony. To make it I would use a hammer  mortar and nails.

  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Johanna, it's Hazel here again. Well done on another great post; I really like the way that you organise your activities into one post per day.

    I enjoyed reading the questions that you have written for Sir Edmund Hillary. I especially liked the one where you asked what his job was. I think it would be interesting to know whether he already worked in the outdoors for his job, or if he had been working in an office until he started training to climb Mt Everest.

    YUM! I love macaroni and cheese too. I always put mine under the grill with some extra melted cheese on top.

    I like that you would want to build your hotel near to your hometown. I think that including lots of glass windows is a great idea, because that way people can enjoy the beautiful view. What do you think would be the most challenging thing about owning and running a hotel?

    Meri Kirihimete,

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.