Thursday, December 20, 2018

Day 2 Forest Life

Activity 1: Giants Among Us

Would I like to visit Tanē Mahute? Yes I certainly would. Because I'd love to see such a huge tree that I haven't seen before. Also why I would like to see it because I like to go on walks in the bush.


Activity 2: Fabulous Ferns

The NZ Black Ferns - NZ Women's Rugby Team
Image result for Fern teams
Image from http://www.allblacks.com/images/dnaImages/team/BlackFerns.png

The NZ Silver Ferns - NZ Netball Team
Image result for silver ferns netball
Image from https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTebBooIPXtrdDtfU7QlBlUcM9eAsIdjdeqlW_mkjRfIHQx4QcmBQ


The NZ White Ferns - NZ Women's Cricket Team
Image result for white Fern cricket team
Image from https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWDy-3DSbSyVDQ4lwY5XUTldblPbVaNdZliLxOT59rmqOL2tq6jQ


My favorite uniform is the Silver Ferns.  Because they have a fern on their side and I think it looks quite pretty.

Activity 3: Weird and Wonderful

This is the video that I did about cactus 

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Johanna,

    I'm glad to hear that you would love to visit Tāne Mahuta one day. It really is an impressive tree and looks even more mind-blowing in real life! That's great that you enjoy going on walks in the bush. I live in Auckland and we don't have as many bush walks but I like to take my dog for walks in the park near my house. Do you go for walks in the bush often? It's always nice to get some fresh air!

    It's great to see you using images to illustrate your blog posts. Every time that we use an image on our blog, it's really important that we tell our readers where we found it, and give credit to the owner of the picture. To properly credit a picture you will need to include a link to the site where you found the image. We have created a guide that you might find helpful. You can check it out here:
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit
    You will need to follow these instructions to earn full points for any Summer Learning Journey activity that has asked you to post an image.

    You have found three sports teams in New Zealand with the name "fern" in them and you have even told us which sport each team plays, terrific work Johanna! I like your reason for why the Silver Ferns' uniform is your favourite. The silver fern down the side really stands out and adds a nice touch to the uniform. Do you like your school uniform? Why or why not? Do you prefer to wear your own clothes to school everyday? When I was at school, I enjoyed wearing a school uniform because it saved me time since I didn't have to pick what I wanted to wear every morning.

    Excellent work, you've done a fantastic job of explaining how you got your answer, I'm very impressed! Well done for following instructions and giving your final answer in millilitres. Do you think you would like to receive a cactus plant for your birthday? I used to have a baby cactus plant when I was younger and it was so cute but very prickly so I had to be careful!

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commeting on my work I do like my school uniform and I don't want a cactus for my brrthday its too prickly. Johanna:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Johanna,
    I am Gargee from Hay Park School. I am amazed by just how much effort you have put into this post, because usually people only do 1 activity per post. I also really like how you explained the cactus problem in the video, discussing 365 days and times and adding, it's just so nice. I wouldn't of thought of explaining it in depth, so well done. This is overall a good post and nothing needs to be corrected. What is your favourite type of cactus?

    Happy blogging
    hpsgargeej.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.