Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The Long Weekend

The Weekend
On Friday Andrea decided that we should have an Anzac thing down where a bus stop is. We did it Saturday morning. We had to get up really early. Mum opened the door to the car so that everyone could hear the radio. At some point we had to stand in silence. We then put the poppies that we made on a big rock, and left them there except for Lotte. We also got photos. 
On Sunday Dad and I went down to the workshop. We made a sign for our bach. The sign said LITTLEWOOD which is named after my great grandparents house. When Dad was carving out the letters I wanted to carve out a J for my name. So Dad got out some wood and let me carve J on it. While doing that I cut my hand with the chizzel. It didn't really hurt. 
The next day Dad, Lotte, Rhys and I all went down to the workshed. While I was still fixing up my J Lotte and Rhys wanted to do it too so they did. Rhys was just making lines of stuff. Rhys also made a J but the other way around. He then made a L, M, D, R and a J but the other way around. Lotte didn’t know what to carve so she did a square. 
When I finished some of my J I heard a cry coming from behind me. It was Lotte. She had blood coming down her fingers as I told Rhys to find Dad to help Lotte. I didn’t know what happend at first, I thought she either cut herself with the chizzel or hammered her finger. Later on Lotte came back with lots of blood on her hand.
When I got home I told Mum that Lotte had hurt her hand. I asked Lotte what happened, she said that she cut herself with the chizzel. 

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have had a very busy weekend. The ANZAC service you had sounded really nice. What a good idea. We stood outside at dawn too.
    The carving sounds like it was a challenge. I hope you are both alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Dodds
      I'm sure everyone was outside at dawn.
      Yes carving was challenging.
      Me and Lotte are both alright Lottes was wrost then mine.
      Johanna

      Delete
  2. Hi Jo
    That awesome you guys had a go at carving the wood. It can be really tricky and the chisels are very sharp!
    Thanks for getting up early and coming to the Anzac Day 'Stand at dawn'. It was nice for everyone to show their respect. I'm pleased it didn't rain on us.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea
      Yes the chisels are REALLY sharp!
      Your welcome.
      I went biking down to where the poppies that we all made a few days ago. My one was ruined but I don't mind.
      Yes it was lucky that the rain didn't come.
      Thanks for commeting.
      Stay Safe
      Johanna

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.