Friday, January 3, 2020

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 3

Day 3: Women's Rights

Activity 1: The Right To Vote
Photo from her Wikipedia page






























Activity 2: The Right to an Education
Once there was a cat called cat that lived in a big hat. One day the cat went under a mat and a dog sat on the mat were the cat was. When the dog left the cat moved the mat and the cat was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo flat. Then the cat got up but the cat was still flat so the cat lived the rest of its life flat. Then one day the cat wanted revenge so the cat put the dog under the mat while it was sleeping. It took an hour to put the dog under the mat because the cat was weak because the cat is flat. So then the cat sat on the mat then the dog got flat. Then the cat walked back to the big hat. Then the dog woke up and removed the mat then the dog got mad because he was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo flat. Then along came a goat the dog went under the mat to hide from the cat. Then the goat sat on the mat were the dog was. THE END
By Johanna

Activity 3: Belle of the ball

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Johanna,

    It’s Leisha here from the Summer Learning Journey. Firstly, ka pai for completing all of the Week 2, Day 3 activities.

    I like your idea for putting Yvette Corlett on the $10 note. I am impressed that you have explained to us who she is and what she has achieved and why she would be on our $10 note. I also like that you have edited the $10 note to put her picture on it and have attributed the image you have used too!

    I love your short story Johanna. It made me laugh and was fun to read with all of the rhyming words. What was your inspiration for this story?

    Thank you for sharing your book review for The Secret of Shadow Ranch. I had never heard of his book before but it does sound like a great book! I love stories with a bit of mystery in them. I wonder if this book would be a great story to read to my year 3 and 4 class this year...what do you think? Do you think they would enjoy it?

    Keep up the fantastic work Johanna! I am looking forward to reading more!

    Leisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leisha
    What gave me the idears was that I liked cats and that cats dont really like dogs and I just came up with a goat too.
    The person who write the book was a lady.
    Yes I think they will be intriesed in them maby not really some year 3's but thats up to you. They would enjoy it because every book is amazing.
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Johanna,

      Thank you! I will definitely keep this book in mind for my class. Have you read any other Nancy Drew stories?

      Leisha

      Delete
  3. Hi Leisha
    Yes I have read other Nacy Drew books. I have Read the 1st 2rd 3rd 4th 5th 6th and one that is different because it is a Nacy Drew Diaries called A Nacy Drew Christmas and i'm still reading it.
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Johanna,

      That is awesome! What would be your favourite Nancy Drew story?

      Leisha

      Delete
  4. Hi Leisha
    My favourite Nancy Drew book is all of them because I like them all!
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.