Monday, December 18, 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 1 part 2

Activity 2
Dear Teagan
How are you?
I’m on a waka and I lived Hawaiki and I am on the way to new zealand.  I feel sad that I left my friends and my family.  I’m not excited about the trip to New Zealand.
The only thing I can see with my eyes is the clouds, thundering clouds and only the sea.  I might see an island up in front of me. I saw a jelly fish in the water and I saw fish and a bright blue whale.  I have someone behind me, then I will be looked after by him.

Yours sincerely Johanna

Bonus Activity
I dont want to be on a waka because I might drown and die.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Johanna

    Well done with your letter.
    Yes, it would be very scary going on a Waka to New Zealand. I imagine the ocean must be huge when all you can see is water everywhere. Its nice you have someone to look after you!
    It would be also very scary being in a Waka Ama race. You would have to have really good balance to stay in the boat.

    Well done Johanna!

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johanna my name is Brendan i am a year 5 at Wesley primary school well done with your letter I agree it would be very scary going on a waka to New Zealand . blog you later

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.